Let's see your #Bonnieselfie
We hope you enjoy exploring the Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites trail as much as we do.
As a thank you for visiting, we are offering you the chance to WIN memberships and souvenir guides!
The following prizes are available to WIN:
- Two (2) x Historic Scotland one-year 2 Adults plus children memberships provided by Historic Environment Scotland
- Two (2) x National Museums Scotland one-year family memberships
- Two (2) x National Trust for Scotland one-year family memberships
- Four (4) x Palace of Holyroodhouse souvenir guides
How to enter
- Take a selfie at any of the sites on the trail
- Upload to twitter using #bonnieselfie
- You’ll be automatically entered into the draw to WIN
- Winners will be announced on the National Museums Scotland official twitter account (@NtlMuseumsScot) on 27 October 2017
- Get ready to smile!
Full Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating in the Prize Draw you will be deemed to have read and accepted all of the Terms and Conditions. Failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions will disqualify you from taking part in the Prize Draw.
The promoters of this Prize Draw are: Historic Environment Scotland, Longmore House, Salisbury Place, Edinburgh EH9 1SH; National Museums Scotland, Chambers Street, Edinburgh EH1 1JF; National Trust for Scotland, Hermiston Quay, 5 Cultins Road, Edinburgh EH11 4DF and Royal Collection Trust, York House, St James’s Palace, London SW1A 1BQ.
- Participation in the Prize Draw is open only to persons aged at least 18 (on the date that they submit their entry) who are a legal resident of one of the following countries: the United Kingdom; Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
- In addition, employees, officers and directors of the Promoter, or partner companies within this promotion, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of the Prize Draw materials, and the immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors, are not eligible to enter.
- All entries must be submitted between 09:00 AM British Summer Time (“BST”) on 29 May 2017 and 12:00 PM BST on 29 September 2017.
How to enter
- You must visit one of the 26 sites on the Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobite Trail and upload a photo of yourself at the site to your public (not protected) Twitter account using #bonnieselfie (the “hashtag”) to enter.
- The 26 sites on the Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobite Trail can be found by consulting the map or site list featured on the website: https://www.jacobitetrail.co.uk. The photo can be taken from outside the site/property/attraction, so purchase of an entrance ticket (where applicable) is not required to enter. All entrants must adhere to any specific photography rules and/or constraints at individual sites. Photography may not be permitted in specific areas. Please refer to signage or instruction on arrival at individual sites.
- All entrants must have a valid public Twitter account and email address to enter. In case of dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the entry will be declared made by the authorised account holder of the Twitter account that submitted the entry. “Authorised Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an account by Twitter. The potential winner may be required to provide the Promoter with proof that such winner is the authorised account holder of the Twitter account associated with a winning entry.
- Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. The Promoter and its affiliates, partners, agencies and any entities involved with the administration or fulfilment of this Prize Draw are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communication malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, internet, or ISP availability, unauthorised human intervention, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer/mobile transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Prize Draw, including, insofar as permitted by applicable law, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer/mobile relating to or resulting from participating in this Prize Draw or downloading any materials in this Prize Draw. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times during the entry period of the Prize Draw.
- One entry per person will be counted during the Promotional Period. Entrants are welcome to tweet using the hashtag again but additional tweets will not be counted.
- Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, technically corrupted or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully complete entries that comply with these Official Rules are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- All entrants must be natural persons acting in their own personal capacity and entries submitted by or on behalf of a company, organisation or body corporate will not be valid.
- Full address verification and proof of age and/or identity may be required by the Promoter.
- Ten (10) winners will be selected at random in a draw from all eligible entries received.
- Drawing of the Prize Draw will be conducted by an independent party, on or around 2 October 2017.
- The Prizes (as described below) will be individually awarded to ten (10) winners. Each of the ten (10) Prizes listed below will be allocated randomly to each winner and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The “Prizes” comprise:
a) Two (2) x Historic Scotland one-year 2 Adults plus children memberships provided by Historic Environment Scotland
b) Two (2) National Museums Scotland one-year Family memberships
c) Two (2) National Trust for Scotland one-year Family memberships
d) Four (4) Palace of Holyroodhouse souvenir guides
- Prizes cannot be extended, are non-refundable and non-transferable. No change or voucher for unused differences can be issued.
- All Prizes will be sent to the address supplied by each winner on a date selected by the Promoter by 1 November 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for undelivered, lost, delayed or damaged Prizes.
- No cash equivalent to all or any part of the Prizes will be provided by the Promoter in any circumstances, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- The Prizes are only made available for the winners’ personal use and neither the Prize nor any part of the Prize may be transferred or used by the winner for any business and/or promotional purposes whatsoever.
Notification of winner
- The ten (10) selected winners will be announced on the National Museums Scotland official Twitter account @NtlMuseumsScot on 27 October 2017.
- The potential winners will be notified via Twitter by the National Museums Scotland official Twitter account @NtlMuseumsScot (the “Prize Notification”) and will be required to privately (through Twitter direct message) provide his/her name, address, age and other personal information necessary to receive the Prize. In the event that any potential winner does not respond to such Prize Notification within 7 days or fails to provide the Promoter all information necessary to receive the Prize or declines the Prize for any reason, a disqualification will result, the Prize will be forfeited and, at the Promoter’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner shall be chosen from among all remaining eligible Entries.
- If the selected winner does not respond within 7 days of first notification attempt, if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the selected winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible for the Prize or to have failed to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- To obtain the name, county and country of the winners after 10 November 2017 please write to National Museums Scotland, c/o Marketing & Communications Department, Chambers Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1JF.
- PUBLICATION, LICENSE AND RELEASE: By entering the Prize Draw and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (a) grants to the Promoter and each of its designees the perpetual and unlimited right and license to use, license, edit, modify, duplicate and/or create derivative works from his/her Entry throughout the world and in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, the right for The Promoter to publish, display, broadcast, distribute, reproduce, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use and exploit the Entry via the Internet or any other interactive media, in stadium, on television, in print and/or any other media currently existing and hereafter developed and without limitation and without payment of any compensation to the participant or his/her heirs and successors, (i) on its own or as part of any audiovisual or other production; (ii) to advertise any products, exhibitions, events, properties or services of the Promoter or for any other advertising, marketing, publicising and promotional purposes and in any materials related thereto; and/or (iii) for any other purpose whatsoever; and (d) release in perpetuity the Released Parties from any claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with the Entry, and the use thereof as permitted hereunder, including, but not limited to, claims of false endorsement or infringement of rights of publicity or privacy. On entering the Prize Draw entrants agree to take part in any pre and post-event Prize Draw publicity if required.
- CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Participants must not include any of the following content (the “Content Restrictions”) in any Entry: (i) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (ii) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (iii) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (iv) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (v) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (vi) content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on the Promoter, their owners, employees, partners or associates; (vii) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (viii) dangerous stunts; (ix) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles; (x) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by Scots Law, or regulation; (xi) individuals under legal age of sixteen (16) without providing explicit permission from parent or legal guardian; (xii) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.); and (xiii) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any county/ territory/province where the Entry is created. Any Entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of the Promoter, will be disqualified and eliminated from consideration.
- By participating, and insofar as is permitted by law, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless the Promoter, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Prize Draw, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Prize Draw related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- Insofar as is permitted by applicable law, neither the Promoter, its representatives, prize providers nor their respective employees, associated agencies and companies or anyone professionally connected with this Prize Draw, will in any circumstances be responsible or liable to any entrant and/or the winners in connection with this Prize Draw. Without prejudice to the foregoing generality, and insofar as is permitted by applicable law, neither the Promoter, its representatives, prize providers nor their respective employees, associated agencies and companies or anyone professionally connected with this Prize Draw accepts any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the winners participating in this Prize Draw and/or taking up the Prize. Your statutory rights are not affected by this term.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable to the winners or any other person if any portion of the Prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, terrorism or any other events or circumstances outside of the reasonable control of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Prize Draw should circumstances make this unavoidable, including, but not limited to virus, bugs, non-authorised human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Prize Draw. In such case, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, decide to select winners at random from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Prize Draw or its website.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PRIZE DRAW MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Prize Draw is governed exclusively by the laws of Scotland, which shall be exclusively applicable to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions. The Scottish Courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Prize Draw, provided that such exclusivity does not apply to legal actions initiated or brought by the Promoter.
Use of entrants’ data