Win a jacobite journey
Drum Castle, Aberdeenshire
Inverlochy Castle Hotel, Torlundy, Fort William
Rocpool Reserve Hotel, Inverness
The Garden Rooms, Fasque Castle Cottages, Aberdeenshire
WIN A SIX-NIGHT JACOBITE JOURNEY
This unforgettable six-night experience for two adults will take you to some of Scotland’s most famous Jacobite sites and historic places with private VIP tours, luxury accommodation in some of Scotland’s most prestigious properties, delicious dining experiences, rail travel passes and memberships to enjoy!
What are you waiting for? Simply enter your details below for your chance to WIN.
The Jacobite Journey prize for two adults includes:
VIP guided tour of the Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites exhibition at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh
Private guided tour of the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh outside of opening hours
Gourmet à la carte dinner with wine at the award-winning Rhubarb restaurant, widely regarded as one of Edinburgh’s most memorable dining experiences
Overnight stay at the unique 5-star Prestonfield – one of Edinburgh’s most exclusive hotels offering the privacy and seclusion of a country estate right in the heart of Scotland’s capital city. The estate and its owners have a rich history dating back centuries that includes a handsome donation to the Jacobite war chest. Enjoy champagne in your room on arrival, a sumptuous breakfast to set you up for a day of exploring and a luxury champagne afternoon tea to toast your Jacobite Journey
VIP tour of Stirling Castle – one of Scotland’s most historically important sites that resisted Bonnie Prince Charlie’s attempt to capture it in 1746
Overnight stay at the 5-star Inverlochy Castle – a breathtaking 19th century hideaway near Fort William that is surrounded by lush green trees and overlooks a sparkling loch. Nestled in the foothills of the mighty Ben Nevis, the Castle sits amidst some of Scotland’s finest scenery
Private tour of Glenfinnan Monument – the very site where Bonnie Prince Charlie’s ill-fated campaign began in 1745
Overnight stay at the 5-star Rocpool Reserve, a luxurious boutique hotel situated in the vibrant city of Inverness. A beautifully renovated Georgian mansion house, the hotel offers stunning views over the River Ness and is only a stone’s throw from the city centre
Enjoy a hands-on archaeology experience at Culloden with a private tour, lunch and weapons handling session
VIP tour of Fort George – one of Britain’s mightiest fortresses that was established in the aftermath of the Battle of Culloden
Stay for two nights in Courtyard Cottage, an intimate 16th century apartment at Drum Castle the former residence of Jacobite soldiers
Private tour of Fyvie Castle – a magnificent fortress with an 800-year-old history
Private tour of Leith Hall – home to a number of artefacts gifted by Bonnie Prince Charlie
Overnight stay at the luxury 5-star Fasque Castle self-catering cottages nestled in a stunning 400-acre estate in Aberdeenshire that is home to deer, red squirrels, otters and eagles. The perfect country retreat to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the surroundings
Private tour of the House of Dun – a Georgian mansion house full of Jacobite symbols with hidden meanings to decipher
Travel and memberships
Prize also includes two 15-day Spirit of Scotland travel passes courtesy of ScotRail (valid for travel on any eight days out of 15 consecutive days) offering you rail, bus and coach travel to many of the places on the trail. The travel pass makes it easy to get around and there’s no need to book ahead, you can decide when and where you want to travel. What’s more, you can hop on and off as much as you like
You’ll also receive a one-year family membership from Historic Environment Scotland, National Museums Scotland and National Trust for Scotland so you can enjoy many more fascinating days out in Scotland
Full Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating in the Prize Draw you will be deemed to have read and accepted all of the Terms and Conditions. Failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions will disqualify you from taking part in the Prize Draw.
The promoters of this Prize Draw are: Historic Environment Scotland, Longmore House, Salisbury Place, Edinburgh EH9 1SH; National Museums Scotland, Chambers Street, Edinburgh EH1 1JF; National Trust for Scotland, Hermiston Quay, 5 Cultins Road, Edinburgh EH11 4DF and Royal Collection Trust, York House, St James’s Palace, London SW1A 1BQ.
- Participation in the Prize Draw is open only to persons aged at least 18 (on the date that they submit their entry) who are a legal resident of one of the following countries: the United Kingdom; Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
- In addition, employees, officers and directors of the Promoter, or partner companies within this promotion, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of the Prize Draw materials, and the immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors, are not eligible to enter.
- Partner companies within this promotion (in addition to the Promoter) include James Thomson’s Collection, Inverlochy Castle Management International and ScotRail.
- All entries must be submitted between 09:00 AM British Summer Time (“BST”) on 29 May 2017 and 12:00 PM BST on 29 September 2017.
How to enter
- You must log onto https://www.jacobitetrail.co.uk/win (referred to herein as “web site”) and follow the directions to enter.
- You must include on the entry form your complete name, postcode, town/city and email address. All entrants must have a valid email address to enter. In case of dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the entry will be declared made by the authorised account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorised Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organisation (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential winner may be required to provide the Promoter with proof that such winner is the authorised account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry.
- Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. The Promoter and its affiliates, partners, agencies and any entities involved with the administration or fulfilment of this Prize Draw are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communication malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, internet, or ISP availability, unauthorised human intervention, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer/mobile transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Prize Draw, including, insofar as permitted by applicable law, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer/mobile relating to or resulting from participating in this Prize Draw or downloading any materials in this Prize Draw. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times during the entry period of the Prize Draw.
- One entry per person, per email address will be counted during the Promotional Period. Additional entries from the same person/email account will not be counted.
- Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, technically corrupted or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully complete entries that comply with these Official Rules are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- All entrants must be natural persons acting in their own personal capacity and entries submitted by or on behalf of a company, organisation or body corporate will not be valid.
- Full address verification and proof of age and/or identity may be required by the Promoter.
- One (1) winner will be selected at random in a draw from all eligible entries received.
- Drawing of the Prize Draw will be conducted by an independent party, on or around 2 October 2017.
- The Prize (as described below) will be awarded to one (1) winner. The winner will be able to choose one (1) travel companion over the age of 16 to accompany them on the trip.
- The “Prize” comprises:
a) A one-night stay for two adults at 5-Star Prestonfield, Edinburgh in a luxury double room to include a bottle of champagne in the room on arrival, breakfast, champagne afternoon tea and a gourmet a la carte dinner with wine on one evening at Rhubarb Restaurant, Prestonfield, Edinburgh.
b) A one-night stay for two adults at 5-Star Inverlochy Castle Hotel, nr Fort William in a standard room to include breakfast.
c) A one-night stay for two adults at 5-Star Rocpool Reserve Hotel, Inverness in a standard room to include breakfast.
d) A one-night stay for two adults at 5-Star Fasque Castle Self-Catering Cottages in The Garden Rooms cottage, Aberdeenshire on a self-catering basis.
e) A two-night stay for two adults at Courtyard Cottage, Drum Castle, Garden & Estate, Aberdeenshire on a self-catering basis.
f) A VIP tour for two adults of the Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites exhibition at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh.
g) A private guided tour for two adults of the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh outside of opening hours.
h) A VIP tour for two adults of Stirling Castle and Fort George.
i) A private tour for two adults of Fyvie Castle, Leith Hall, House of Dun and Glenfinnan Monument.
j) A hands-on archaeology experience for two adults at Culloden Battlefield, including a private tour, lunch and a weapons handling session.
k) Two (2) x 15-day Spirit of Scotland travel passes (valid for travel on any 8 days out of 15 consecutive days) courtesy of ScotRail – see scotrail.co.uk/spirit for full details of the travel pass.
l) One (1) x Historic Scotland one-year 2 Adults plus children memberships provided by Historic Environment Scotland
m) One (1) National Museums Scotland one-year Family membership
n) One (1) National Trust for Scotland one-year Family membership
- Prize cannot be extended, is non-refundable and non-transferable. No change or voucher for unused differences can be issued.
- The winner and their companion must travel to arrive in Scotland on specific dates between 30 September 2017 and 30 October 2017 (to be selected by the promoter). If the Prize winner and their companion are unable to travel at the specified times the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries.
- All aspects of the Prize including activities, memberships, travel, dining and accommodation are subject to booking availability, weather conditions and are subject to the individual operator’s standard terms and conditions. Height, age and other restrictions may apply.
- All travel, activities, and accommodation are taken at the winner’s and their travel companion’s risk. Transportation to and from departure airport, taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades and any other costs, charges or expenses that are not specifically listed in the description of the Prize in section 15 of these Terms and Conditions are the sole responsibility of the winner and their travel companion.
- The winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. The travel companion must be over the age of 16. The Promoter is not liable for delays, cancellations or unforeseen events related to any aspect of the Prize.
- The winner and his/her travel companion will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification and compliance with all travel and health requirements relating to acceptance and use of the Prize and must have no impediment to entering Scotland.
- All Prizes will be sent to the address supplied by the winner on a date selected by the Promoter by 16 October 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for undelivered, lost, delayed or damaged Prizes.
- No cash equivalent to all or any part of the Prize will be provided by the Promoter in any circumstances, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- The Prize is only made available for the winners’ personal use and neither the Prize nor any part of the Prize may be transferred or used by the winner for any business and/or promotional purposes whatsoever.
Notification of winner
- The selected winner will be notified by email on or around 3 October 2017.
- In the event that any potential winner does not respond to such Prize Notification within 7 days or fails to provide the Promoter all information necessary to receive the Prize or declines the Prize for any reason, a disqualification will result, the Prize will be forfeited and, at the Promoter’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner shall be chosen from among all remaining eligible Entries.
- If the selected winner does not respond within 7 days of first notification attempt, if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the selected winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible for the Prize or to have failed to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- To obtain the name, county and country of the winner after 10 November 2017 please write to National Museums Scotland, c/o Marketing & Communications Department, Chambers Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1JF.
- Participation in the Prize Draw and acceptance of the Prize constitutes winner’s permission for the Promoter to use his/her name, address (town/city/county/country), likeness, biographical information and any statements made by winner regarding the purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by applicable law. On entering the Prize Draw entrants agree to take part in any pre and post-event Prize Draw publicity if required.
- By participating, and insofar as is permitted by law, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless the Promoter, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Prize Draw, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Prize Draw related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- Insofar as is permitted by applicable law, neither the Promoter, its representatives, prize providers nor their respective employees, associated agencies and companies or anyone professionally connected with this Prize Draw, will in any circumstances be responsible or liable to any entrant and/or the winner in connection with this Prize Draw. Without prejudice to the foregoing generality, and insofar as is permitted by applicable law, neither the Promoter, its representatives, prize providers nor their respective employees, associated agencies and companies or anyone professionally connected with this Prize Draw accepts any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the winner participating in this Prize Draw and/or taking up the Prize. Your statutory rights are not affected by this term.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable to the winner or any other person if any portion of the Prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, terrorism or any other events or circumstances outside of the reasonable control of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Prize Draw should circumstances make this unavoidable, including, but not limited to virus, bugs, non-authorised human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Prize Draw. In such case, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, decide to select a winner at random from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Prize Draw or its website.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PRIZE DRAW MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Prize Draw is governed exclusively by the laws of Scotland, which shall be exclusively applicable to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions. The Scottish Courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Prize Draw, provided that such exclusivity does not apply to legal actions initiated or brought by the Promoter.
Use of entrants’ data
These details are used to contact the lucky winner.