Luxury woodland cabins at Forest Holidays, Strathyre
Family fun at Forest Holidays, Strathyre
Relax and unwind at Forest Holidays, Strathyre
Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh
National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh
WIN a family holiday in Scotland
Escape with your family to a woodland oasis surrounded by mountains and spectacular scenery, and explore some of Scotland’s most famous Jacobite sites and best historic places. Stay for up to four nights in a luxury woodland cabin with private hot tub at Forest Holidays, Strathyre. Experience private VIP tours of Stirling Castle and Alloa Tower, visit the Palace of Holyroodhouse and enjoy a delicious afternoon tea, and receive tickets to the Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites exhibition at the National Museum of Scotland.
This prize package also includes a one-year family membership from Historic Environment Scotland, National Museums Scotland and National Trust for Scotland!
Plus, every entrant will receive 10% off Forest Holidays.
This fantastic family prize package includes:
Stay for up to four nights at Forest Holidays, Strathyre
Situated within the spectacular Queen Elizabeth Forest Park, watched over by the majestic peaks of Ben Ledi and with enchanting views of Loch Lubnaig, Forest Holidays offers the ultimate family forest retreat. Staying in a luxury Silver Birch cabin with your own private hot tub, you’ll have the option of a three-night weekend or four-night midweek break. Relax and unwind in your forest cabin hideaway, or get active and enjoy outdoor forest adventures, wildlife spotting, ranger-led walks and much more. If you’re lucky, you may even catch a glimpse of Strathyre’s elusive pine martins!
Facilities at Forest Holidays Strathyre include; the Forest Retreat offering freshly cooked meals, snacks, café and bar, everyday essentials and holiday luxuries. You can also book activities from canoeing, paddle boarding, bike hire, pony trekking, forest survival and even a teddy bear’s picnic.
Private family tour of Stirling Castle
Experience a private tour of the mighty Stirling Castle and learn all about its fascinating history and how it resisted capture by Bonnie Prince Charlie in 1746. Be sure to explore the Palace Vaults where you’ll find lots of fun, interactive exhibitions perfect for younger visitors.
Private family tour of Alloa Tower
Enjoy a private tour of the intriguing Alloa Tower, home of the leader of the 1715 Jacobite rising, and take a whistle stop journey through 700 years of Scottish history. Admire art and riches, hear fascinating tales and challenge yourself to climb all the way to the top of the tower.
Visit the Palace of Holyroodhouse for afternoon tea
Treat yourself and your family to a delicious afternoon tea at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official residence in Scotland of Her Majesty The Queen. Enjoy homemade cakes, pastries and sandwiches at the Café at the Palace before exploring the country’s only working royal palace. You’ll learn all about its close association with Scotland’s rich history and Bonnie Prince Charlie, and younger visitors will have lots of fun with stories, costumes, games and creative activities.
Tickets to the Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites exhibition
Visit the major Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites exhibition at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh and learn all about the Jacobite legend and legacy with over 300 fascinating objects and Jacobite treasure all under one roof.
One-year family memberships
You’ll also receive a one-year family membership from Historic Environment Scotland, National Museums Scotland and the National Trust for Scotland so you can enjoy many more memorable family days out in Scotland.
10% off Forest Holidays
Every entrant will also receive 10% off Forest Holidays breaks.
Complete your details below and submit. Your promotional code will then be displayed and can be used for online bookings at www.forestholidays.co.uk or via their Contact Centre on 03330 110 495 until 31 December 2017 on breaks up until 31 December 2018.
Full Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating in the Prize Draw you will be deemed to have read and accepted all of the Terms and Conditions. Failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions will disqualify you from taking part in the Prize Draw.
The promoters of this Prize Draw are: Historic Environment Scotland, Longmore House, Salisbury Place, Edinburgh EH9 1SH; National Museums Scotland, Chambers Street, Edinburgh EH1 1JF; National Trust for Scotland, Hermiston Quay, 5 Cultins Road, Edinburgh EH11 4DF and Royal Collection Trust, York House, St James’s Palace, London, SW1A 1BQ.
- Participation in the Prize Draw is open only to persons aged at least 18 (on the date that they submit their entry) who are a legal resident of one of the following countries: the United Kingdom; Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
- In addition, employees, officers and directors of the Promoter, or partner companies within this promotion, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of the Prize Draw materials, and the immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors, are not eligible to enter.
- Partner companies within this promotion (in addition to the Promoter) include Forest Holidays and Mumsnet.
- All entries must be submitted by 23:00 PM BST on 15 October 2017.
How to enter
- You must log onto https://www.jacobitetrail.co.uk/mumsnet (referred to herein as “web site”) and follow the directions to enter.
- You must include on the entry form your complete name, postcode, town/city and email address. All entrants must have a valid email address to enter. In case of dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the entry will be declared made by the authorised account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorised Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organisation (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential winner may be required to provide the Promoter with proof that such winner is the authorised account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry.
- Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. The Promoter and its affiliates, partners, agencies and any entities involved with the administration or fulfilment of this Prize Draw are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communication malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, internet, or ISP availability, unauthorised human intervention, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer/mobile transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Prize Draw, including, insofar as permitted by applicable law, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer/mobile relating to or resulting from participating in this Prize Draw or downloading any materials in this Prize Draw. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times during the entry period of the Prize Draw.
- One entry per person, per email address will be counted during the Promotional Period. Additional entries from the same person/email account will not be counted.
- Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, technically corrupted or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully complete entries that comply with these Official Rules are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- All entrants must be natural persons acting in their own personal capacity and entries submitted by or on behalf of a company, organisation or body corporate will not be valid.
- Full address verification and proof of age and/or identity may be required by the Promoter.
- One (1) winner will be selected at random in a draw from all eligible entries received.
- Drawing of the Prize Draw will be conducted by an independent party, on or around 16 October 2017.
- The Prize (as described below) will be awarded to one (1) winner. The winner will be able to choose one (1) travel companion over the age of 16 to accompany them on the trip.
- The “Prize” comprises:
- Either one (1) x three (3) night weekend break (check-in from 16:00 Friday and check-out by 10:00 Monday) or one (1) x four (4) night midweek break (check-in from 16:00 Monday and check-out by 10:00 Friday) in a two-bedroom Silver Birch cabin at Forest Holidays, Strathyre with private hot tub. Two-bedroom cabin includes one double and one twin bed, suitable for a family of four, maximum occupancy four people. Stay is on a self-catering basis, excludes bank holidays, is subject to availability and specific date exclusions may apply
- A private tour for up to two (2) adults and three (3) children of Stirling Castle and Alloa Tower
- Two (2) x adult tickets and up to three (3) x children (aged 12-15) tickets (children under 12 go free) to the Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites exhibition at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh until 12 November 2017
- Standard admission and afternoon tea for up to two (2) adults and three (3) children at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh. Afternoon tea will be served in the Café at the Palace and is available daily between 13:00 and 16:00
- One (1) Historic Environment Scotland one-year 2 Adults plus children membership
- One (1) National Museums Scotland one-year Family membership
- One (1) National Trust for Scotland one-year Family membership
- Prize cannot be extended, is non-refundable and non-transferable. No change or voucher for unused differences can be issued.
- The prize must be taken in full by 30 April 2018 and accommodation must be booked by 15 November 2017. Please note: the tickets to the Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites exhibition at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh are only valid until 12 November 2017 and must be redeemed before the exhibition closes on this date. Alloa Tower will be closed from 31 October 2017 – 31 March 2018, therefore the tour at this site should be arranged outwith these closure dates.
- All aspects of the Prize and accommodation are subject to booking availability, weather conditions and are subject to the individual operator’s standard terms and conditions. Restrictions may apply. If the Prize winner and their companion are unable to travel on the available dates and times, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries.
- All travel, activities, and accommodation are taken at the winner’s and their travel companion’s risk. Transportation to and from departure airport, taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades and any other costs, charges or expenses that are not specifically listed in the description of the Prize in section 15 of these Terms and Conditions are the sole responsibility of the winner and their travel companion.
- The winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. The travel companion must be over the age of 16. The Promoter is not liable for delays, cancellations or unforeseen events related to any aspect of the Prize.
- The winner and his/her travel companion will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification and compliance with all travel and health requirements relating to acceptance and use of the Prize and must have no impediment to entering Scotland.
- All Prizes will be sent to the address supplied by the winner on a date selected by the Promoter by 26 October 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for undelivered, lost, delayed or damaged Prizes.
- No cash equivalent to all or any part of the Prize will be provided by the Promoter in any circumstances, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- The Prize is only made available for the winners’ personal use and neither the Prize nor any part of the Prize may be transferred or used by the winner for any business and/or promotional purposes whatsoever.
Notification of winner
- The selected winner will be notified by email on or around 17 October 2017.
- In the event that any potential winner does not respond to such Prize Notification within 7 days or fails to provide the Promoter all information necessary to receive the Prize or declines the Prize for any reason, a disqualification will result, the Prize will be forfeited and, at the Promoter’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner shall be chosen from among all remaining eligible Entries.
- If the selected winner does not respond within 7 days of first notification attempt, if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the selected winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible for the Prize or to have failed to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- To obtain the name, county and country of the winner after 20 November 2017 please write to National Museums Scotland, c/o Marketing & Communications Department, Chambers Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1JF.
- Participation in the Prize Draw and acceptance of the Prize constitutes winner’s permission for the Promoter to use his/her name, address (town/city/county/country), likeness, biographical information and any statements made by winner regarding the purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by applicable law. On entering the Prize Draw entrants agree to take part in any pre and post-event Prize Draw publicity if required.
- By participating, and insofar as is permitted by law, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless the Promoter, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Prize Draw, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Prize Draw related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- Insofar as is permitted by applicable law, neither the Promoter, its representatives, prize providers nor their respective employees, associated agencies and companies or anyone professionally connected with this Prize Draw, will in any circumstances be responsible or liable to any entrant and/or the winner in connection with this Prize Draw. Without prejudice to the foregoing generality, and insofar as is permitted by applicable law, neither the Promoter, its representatives, prize providers nor their respective employees, associated agencies and companies or anyone professionally connected with this Prize Draw accepts any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the winner participating in this Prize Draw and/or taking up the Prize. Your statutory rights are not affected by this term.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable to the winner or any other person if any portion of the Prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, terrorism or any other events or circumstances outside of the reasonable control of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Prize Draw should circumstances make this unavoidable, including, but not limited to virus, bugs, non-authorised human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Prize Draw. In such case, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, decide to select a winner at random from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Prize Draw or its website.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PRIZE DRAW MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Prize Draw is governed exclusively by the laws of Scotland, which shall be exclusively applicable to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions. The Scottish Courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Prize Draw, provided that such exclusivity does not apply to legal actions initiated or brought by the Promoter.
Use of entrants’ data
Prize Draw closed to entries on 15 Oct 2017